Invitation: To those of you who want to be involved in creating our first Sustainable Urban Village – we are holding a ‘Values & Planning’ workshop on Saturday 14 June 2014, 1 to 5pm!
At a successful kick-off session on Tuesday 13 May we determined that the next step was to establish our shared values, and start drafting an action plan for the development of the first inner city Sustainable Urban Village.
If you have aspirations to live in and be a part of actively creating this village then this workshop is for YOU!
Chris Mene is a professional facilitator with extensive experience working with communities. He will help us explore and identify:
- Our shared values
- Our definition of ‘affordability’ and ‘sustainability’
- An emerging vision for the first Sustainable Urban Village
- Barriers and constraints that could slow us down or stop us achieving our vision
- Enablers and supports that could help and accelerate us towards our vision
- An action planning framework and initial actions.
VENUE: ‘Council Room’, L233, CPIT, Madras St, Christchurch (map or refer below for instructions on how to find it)
DATE: Saturday 14 June 2014
TIME: 1pm – 5pm
BYO: Snacks to share for afternoon tea (drinks provided)
RSVP: to Jane (email@example.com), by Wed 11 June 2014
SUGGESTED KOHA: $20 to $40
(we are fortunate to have Chris as the facilitator and want to pay him)
How to find the Venue – The ‘Council Room’ L233 is on the second floor of CPIT’s Library Block, eastern end (map).
- Entering via the main entrance off the Madras St car park, go straight ahead, take the stairs to the second level, turn left and L233 is on your right down that dark corridor.
- Entering via Te Puna Wanaka, take the stairs or lift to the second level, head west over the ‘air bridge’ and L233 is the first room on your left.