The Viva! Project – Newsletter – 4 February 2014
- Next Networking Meeting, Monday 17 February – The District Plan
- A Sustainable Coastal Village in New Brighton
- One Voice Te Reo Kotahi open forum: Issues relating to CERA transitioning out in 2016
Our Next Networking Meeting – Monday 17 February
Speaker: Brigitte de Ronde, Christchurch City Council, on the new District Plan
Brigitte will discuss new District Plan and how it will influence and support sustainable urban village development in the rebuild of Christchurch. This will be a great opportunity to have your say in the future of our city and ask any questions.
Access is off Tuam St & Oxford Tce (map)
RSVP: Jane: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pass this invitation on to anyone else you think may be interested.
Drinks & barfood will be available for purchase. Alex at the Pegasus Arms says if you wish to stay on for dinner, you are welcome to call her on 366 0600 to book or email her at email@example.com – she is happy to send a menu.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Interested in a Sustainable Coastal Village?
Members of the New Brighton community are calling a gathering of all those who might be interested in living in a sustainable village by the sea. This is a perfect occasion to meet with like-minded folk to live more sustainably and in closer community.
Where: New Brighton Community Board meeting room (corner Beresford and Union Streets)
When: Wednesday, 19 February 2014, at 6:30pm
For further information or to confirm attendance, please contact Pauline 021 209 8946
The full invitation is available here.
One Voice Te Reo Kotahi – Open Forum
Topic: Issues relating to CERA transitioning out in 2016
In the last OVTRK forum, several issues were identified that relate to the process of CERA “transitioning” out in 2016. This process is the topic for this Forum on 10 March 2014.
All the statutory partners named in the CERA Act will be attending:
– Arihia Bennett, CEO, Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu
– Lianne Dalziel, Mayor, Christchurch City Council
– David Ayers, Mayor, Waimakariri District Council
– Kelvin Coe, Mayor, Selwyn District Council
– Dame Margaret Bazely, Commissioners Chair, ECan
– Roger Sutton and Michelle Mitchell, CERA
Where: WEA Centre 59 Gloucester St
When: 7.30pm Monday 10 March 2014
See the full invitation here.