You are invited to join us on Monday 30 June 2014 to hear inspiring speakers and be involved in discussions to promote sustainable developments in the rebuilding of Christchurch.
VENUE: Upstairs Room, Pegasus Arms, 14 Oxford Terrace (near the hospital). Access is off Tuam St & Oxford Tce (map).
DATE: Monday, 30 June 2014
TIME: 5:30 – 7:30pm
SPEAKERS & TOPICS:
1. Tom Dickie – senior project manager at RCP Project Managers (www.rcp.co.nz) and director at CRI Chch Rebuild Initiative Ltd (www.linkedin.com/company/christchurch-rebuild-initiative-cri-ltd).
Tom will be sharing with us his inspiring views and extensive international experience on
- an indicative programme of key activities to establish a sound footing for progressing;
- organisational structure from Stakeholders to delivery supply chain;
with a special focus on how we would want to set these up and run the programme to achieve both our community’s dreams and aspirations, and with unprecedented affordability!
2. Tim Blake – General Manager Business Development for Spanbild Holdings Limited (spanbuild.com). Tim will be sharing with us details of Spanbild’s new Joint Venture with Mike Greer Homes and their ground-breaking investment in the German Weinmann house panelisation system and supporting factories.
Drinks & bar food will be available for purchase. Call 366 0600 or email email@example.com for dinner reservation following the meeting.
RSVP to Jane Quigley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, 29 June.
Feel free to pass this invitation on to anyone else you think may be interested.
Invitation: To those of you who want to be involved in creating our first Sustainable Urban Village – we are holding a ‘Values & Planning’ workshop on Saturday 14 June 2014, 1 to 5pm!
At a successful kick-off session on Tuesday 13 May we determined that the next step was to establish our shared values, and start drafting an action plan for the development of the first inner city Sustainable Urban Village.
If you have aspirations to live in and be a part of actively creating this village then this workshop is for YOU!
Chris Mene is a professional facilitator with extensive experience working with communities. He will help us explore and identify:
- Our shared values
- Our definition of ‘affordability’ and ‘sustainability’
- An emerging vision for the first Sustainable Urban Village
- Barriers and constraints that could slow us down or stop us achieving our vision
- Enablers and supports that could help and accelerate us towards our vision
- An action planning framework and initial actions.
VENUE: ‘Council Room’, L233, CPIT, Madras St, Christchurch (map or refer below for instructions on how to find it)
DATE: Saturday 14 June 2014
TIME: 1pm – 5pm
BYO: Snacks to share for afternoon tea (drinks provided)
RSVP: to Jane (email@example.com), by Wed 11 June 2014
SUGGESTED KOHA: $20 to $40
(we are fortunate to have Chris as the facilitator and want to pay him)
How to find the Venue – The ‘Council Room’ L233 is on the second floor of CPIT’s Library Block, eastern end (map).
- Entering via the main entrance off the Madras St car park, go straight ahead, take the stairs to the second level, turn left and L233 is on your right down that dark corridor.
- Entering via Te Puna Wanaka, take the stairs or lift to the second level, head west over the ‘air bridge’ and L233 is the first room on your left.